In honour of today being my 21st birthday I thought I’d made a list of 21 things I am proud of to have achieved. Some of them are silly and some of them are more serious. Obviously having my titchy princess is one of the most important ones.
1) I got 1 A* 4A 5B and 1C at GCSE
2) I got distinction distinction distinction* at college
3) Worked part time since I was 14
4) Passed first year of uni
5) Moved out
6) We have lived in our own flat for 3 months and we have only had take away for dinner a handful of times – I’ve actually cooked nearly every night!
7) Had my little titchy princess
8) Had emergency surgery and got through it smiling
9) Managed to work until 32 weeks pregnant despite being on crutches
10) Passed my driving test – this was not easy. My first driving instructor was horrible and asked me why I hadn’t told him I had special needs. Rude regardless of what form of disability I may have had. He actually just made me nervous but that’s besides the point.
11) Bought my own car (3 times!!) last year I treated myself to a 16 plate and it’s wonderful knowing Amelia is in a car that runs properly and isn’t falling apart like my previous 2 cars
12) Took my family to Spain on holiday
13) Worked as a civil servant for a year
14) Despite being terrified of needles I managed to let my mum injection me every night for 10 days after having Amelia (not sure anyone else would class this as an achievement but as someone who use to pass out watching her mum give blood I’m pretty proud)
15) Successfully navigated the London Underground with Amelia when she was only 6 weeks old
16) Made all of Amelias first blankets by hand
17) Endured literally hundreds of blood tests, biopsies, scans, nerve studies and ECGS before being diagnosed with a muscle disease
18) Went to Poland whist pregnant in spite of travel sickness and morning sickness
19) Started my blog – I’ve received two products to review already!
20) Looked after my fluffy babies, Amelia’s uncle pigs, for two years
21) Taken Amelia out everyday for fresh air, despite the urge to hibernate in our flat in my pyjamas all day